QuickBooks Team

Employees and payroll

Hi @hbint,


Thanks for joining the Community. I'm here to get you pointed in the right direction for adjusting withholding in the wrong state for an employee.


The process for adjusting an employee's withholding with a wrong state is different in QuickBooks Online than Desktop. In this instance, you would need to contact the QuickBooks Online Phone Support Team, who have specialized tools for payroll adjustments. Here's how you can reach them:


  • Visit the following website: QuickBooks Support.
  • Choose options for the two prompts.
  • Click Get Phone Number.


I'm sure that a member of this team would be happy to assist you in updating the payroll liabilities to the correct state. 


Please feel free to let me know how it goes by posting a comment below. Hope you have a good week ahead.