Thanks for reaching out to the Community space, murphy-llc07-gma.
If you're setup for auto-payroll, there isn't a need to write a paper check since QuickBooks payroll service will automatically create the payroll check for you, whether it's a manual check or direct deposit.
All you have to do is to print the manual check created and send it over to your employee. To create a paycheck manually, here's what you'll need to do:
- In left menu, click Workers or Payroll.
- Go to the Employees tab.
- Click on the green Run Payroll button.
- Choose the worker you'd like to pay, then enter their hours.
- Use the Preview payroll option to proceed.
- Select Submit payroll.
- Hit Finish Payroll.
To print, here's how:
- In the left menu, click Workers.
- Go to the Payroll tab.
- Select Employees.
- In the My Payroll section, tap Paycheck List.
- Locate the paycheck you'd need to print.
- Hit Print.
Take a look at this article for more information about this process: Print paychecks in QuickBooks Online.
Additionally, to learn more about how Auto Payroll works, visit this link: Use Auto Payroll to pay your employees.
For future reference, you may find this helpful: QuickBooks Online Payroll Full Service Hub.
Touch base with me if you have any other QuickBooks concern. I'll be more than happy to assist you. Take care.