Thanks for coming back, @jameshennessy3.
The employee tax withheld depends on how the payroll is set up. Since you've already checked, I'd suggest reaching out to our Customer Care Team using our QuickBooks Online Sample Account. They'll be able to perform a screen share and identify the root cause and create an investigation if necessary.
- Go to this link: https://qbo.intuit.com/redir/testdrive_us_advanced.
- Choose Help at the top, then select Contact Us.
- Type your concern in the description field and hit Continue.
- Pick either Get a callback or Schedule appointment.
- Complete the required information, then submit the request.
Please request a callback during our business hours. This ensures our agents can reach out to you as soon as they're available. Our support team is open from Monday-Friday 6:00 AM - 4:00 PM and Saturday 6:00 AM - 1:00 PM Pacific Time.
You can always run payroll reports to review the wages, information, and any more by customizing. Click the Save customization button, so it'll be saved on your Custom reports tab. It helps you quickly run the report in the future. To learn more about this process, visit this article: Memorize reports in QuickBooks Online.
Additionally, you can visit this article on how to check the employee's annual wage base limits in your account.
Please let me know how the call goes or if you have any further questions. I'm always here to help. Take care always.