I want to make sure you're able to complete the setup in no time, @mptobin,
May I know if you have tried this is a private window? We need to check if this is caused by an underlying browser problem.
Private browsing will not save any data in the cache making it a great place to check for browser problems. You can use any of these keyboard shortcuts to launch a private window on different browsers:
Google Chrome: press Ctrl + Shift + N
Mozilla Firefox: press Ctrl + Shift + P
Safari: press Command + Shift + N
You may refer to this link for the steps on how to add payroll history in QBO: Set up a prior payroll for QuickBooks Online Payroll
If it works fine in incognito mode, go back to regular browsing then clear the browser's cache. This method removes the cache history to start with a clean slate.
However, if the same issue happens, I recommend contacting our Support Team. There they can check what's causing this behavior and help you enter the payroll information. To contact us, follow these steps in your browser:
- Open this link: https://qbo.intuit.com/redir/testdrive
- Answer the Security Verification then click Verify.
- Once done, go to the (?) Help menu and click on Contact Us.
- Type the keyword Payroll Account Management and Billing in the What can we help you with? box.
- On the next screen, scroll down to the Choose a way to connect with us section.
- Choose Start messaging to initiate a discussion with a live agent or Get a call for callbacks.
When using the messaging option, a small discussion box will open at the bottom right section of your monitor. An agent will be with you after filling in the information. See this:
Let me know how the call goes, as I want to make sure this is taken care of. I'm also here if you need further help with anything in QuickBooks. Have a nice day!