I need to change my bank account for payroll and vendors but when I try to log into My Payroll Service it just churns away and never connects. Any thoughts?
Hi there, @cz7.
Helping you in signing into your QuickBooks Payroll Sevices is my priority. So you're able to change the bank account for your payroll and vendors.
There are possible reasons why you're Payroll Service churns away and unable to connect.
- The payroll tax table is not updated.
- System time and date settings are incorrect
- You are connected to the internet
Since you're unable to log in to your account, let's update your tax table using CD or Automated service and disk delivery key tool to get rid of the problem.
For automated service, here's how:
- Go to this link: https://pws.quickbooks.com/dispatch-dt-adapter/login/login.jsf;jsessionid=6EB2611942B73EA3D082F826CB...
- Use your Intuit Account login.
- Hit Sign in.
- Follow the steps below.
- Go to the Employees menu, select Payroll.
- Enter Payroll Service Key.
- Pick Add on the QuickBooks Service Sign-Up screen.
- Type your Service Key, tap Next.
- Enter your Desk Delivery Key, click Next.
After that, please insert the Payroll Update CD into your CD drive.
- Go to the Employees menu, then choose Get Payroll Updates.
- Select Install Update from Disk.
- Hit Install.
For more details, check out this article: Get the latest payroll tax table update.
You also have an option to enable the Auto-Updated feature. So it will download the latest payroll tax table automatically. For the complete instructions, visit this article: Update QuickBooks Desktop to the latest release.
Once logged in, you can now modify the bank accounts in QuickBooks. Please prepare the bank account info, principal office address, payroll PIN. After that, let's go to the Chart of Accounts to set up the new bank.
- Go to Lists, then Chart of Accounts.
- Choose Accounts, then click New.
- Select Bank, then Continue.
- Enter your bank account information.
- Hit Save and Close.
Next is to update the bank information in QuickBooks Payroll Account Management Portal. Let me guide you how:
- Choose Employees, then select My Payroll Service.
- Pick Billing/Bank Information.
- Under Bank Account Information, tap Edit next to Bank Account.
- Type payroll PIN, then click Continue.
- Enter your updated bank account info, then hit Update.
- Tap Close.
The last step is to verify the test transaction. The amount will appear in your bank statement in 2-3 business days. For detailed actions, visit this article: Change your payroll bank account. Directly go to Step 5: Verify your bank account.
You can also change the account by logging in to the Customer Account Management Portal. For more information, browse this article: Change your QuickBooks Desktop payment method.
I've added these articles below. These contain a lot of topics about managing your business information and payroll transactions.
Feel free to add a comment below or click the Reply button if you have other questions. I'm ready to help. Have a good one!