I can help you correct the mistake for the payment amount and date, @joan23.
First, make sure to set the correct State Unemployment Insurance (SUI) tax rate. This will make sure that the correct amount will be calculated. Here's how:
- Go to the Gear icon and click Payroll Settings.
- Select the edit button of the State (Massachusetts) Tax section.
- Locate the State (Massachusetts) Unemployment Insurance (SUI) Setup section.
- Select Change or Add new rate.
- Verify other details in this window then click OK and confirm the changes by clicking Done.
Here's more information on how to update your State Unemployment Insurance (SUI) rate in QuickBooks or Intuit Payroll.
Once done, you can now delete that tax payment. However, you can only delete a payment if the tax payment is manually recorded or the electronic payment has not been processed yet. Here's how:
- Go to the Taxes page and then select Payroll tax.
- Select View tax payments you have made under Taxes.
- Click the name of the tax payment. Change the date range if necessary.
- From the drop-down, select Delete and then Yes to confirm the deletion.
Check this article for more information: Delete a tax payment. Once done, you can now recreate the payment.
In case it's been already processed electronically or already accepted by the agency, then I suggest contact the QuickBooks Online Customer Support team. They have the tools to get into your account in a secure environment and help in resolving this error and resolve it.
I'm always here if you need further guidance with your payment. I'm always here to help. Have a wonderful day!