Let's process an unscheduled payroll for this employee, @julie116.
You can run an unscheduled payroll and manually select the pay period and enter the employee's earnings.
Please note that you can only create unscheduled checks for the current pay period all the way back to 6 months ago. The available check dates are dates that fall after your last check date and before your next payday.
- Go to Workers or Payroll menu on the left panel, and then select Employees.
- Select the Run payroll button on the upper right-hand corner.
- Click the employee's name and then select the Create another check link.
- Enter the employee's missed hours and make sure to enter $0 for the insurance.
- Confirm the Pay Period and Pay date.
- Select Preview Payroll, and then select Submit payroll.
- Click Finish payroll.
You can use this article for reference: Create an Unscheduled Payroll Check. Here's also an article that can tell you more when to create a paycheck that has a net pay amount of zero: Create a zero net paycheck.
If you have any follow-up questions with writing a check, just let me know. I'll get back to you as soon as I can. Have a wonderful day!