I can tell where the garnishment deductions go, eseegborg.
The child support deduction on the employee's paycheck is for recording purposes only in QuickBooks Online (QBO).
We didn't take the money from your bank account. You need to withdraw the funds and manually submit them to the agency.
To give you detailed information on the employee's payroll, you can run the Payroll Details report. It shows the breakdown of their taxes and deductions.
Let me show you how:
- Go to Reports and find the name of the report.
- Enter the report name on the search field.
- Search results appear when you enter a report name.
- Select the report you want to view.
- Filter your report by employee, date range, and work location, and then select Run report.
You can also refer to this page for other available statements: Run payroll reports.
Stay in touch with me if you need anything else concerning payroll. I'll be around to help you.
QuickBooks takes out the garnishment and puts it in a liability account in your chart of accounts. As the owner, you should see that money sitting in your chart of accounts.
Intuit doesn't automatically send the CS payments to the agency so you need to do that step on your own. You should record the payment sent to the agency and then offset that liability account where the money is sitting.