Thanks for reaching out to the Community, @sgriff3750.
In QuickBooks Online (QBO), you can adjust the employee's profile to be exempt from SUI. However, for those employees exempt from SUI, they must pay FUTA at the full rate.
To exempt employee from SUI, here's what you'll need to do:
- In the left menu, click Workers or Payroll.
- Go to the Employees tab.
- Choose an employee, then click to open the profile.
- In the Pay section, tap the Pencil icon.
- Hit the Pencil icon under What are Employee's withholdings?.
- In the Tax exemptions section, put a checkmark in the SUI box.
- Click Done twice.
Check out this article for more information: Adjust employee exemption taxes.
Visit also below links which you may find helpful in the future:
- Payroll 101
- Federal Unemployment Tax Act (FUTA) Credit Reduction States
- Payroll tax wage bases and limits
If you have further questions about payroll, feel free to get back to me. I'd be more than happy to answer it for you. Have a nice day.