I thank you for sharing complete details about your concern, @greenstreetkw.
When setting up a Sick Pay policy, you have 5 options on how you'd like the sick pay hours to accrued.
- At the beginning of the year
- Each pay period
- Per hour worked
- On anniversary date
You'd want to review your account's sick pay policy assign to each of your employees. This way, we can make sure that it is showing and accruing accurate information. Here's how:
- Go to the Workers menu.
- Choose the Employee tab.
- Double-click on the employee's name to open his or her profile.
- Click the pencil icon next to Pay.
- Scroll down to the How much do you pay (employee's name) section, click the pencil icon for Additional pay types: Sick Pay.
- Checked Sick pay and choose the sick pay you've created.
- Click Done.
You can repeat the same process for each employee. Just a heads-up, setting up a maximum allowed accrued hours on your employees' sick policy automatically stops QuickBooks in accruing hours when they reach the limit. Though, it's not set up as a per year feature. It will just stop when it reached 24 hours.
Feel free to visit us here if you have other questions about managing your employee's payroll information. I'm always here to help.