Welcome to the Community. Let me provide some clarification about using payroll in QuickBooks Desktop.
There are several ways to reactivate the payroll subscription. I recommend performing the renewal directly in the Account/Billing Info section to ensure it's the correct account.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop.
- Click the Employees tab and select My Payroll Service.
- Select Account/Billing Info.
- Sign in using your Intuit Account login. Your QuickBooks Account page will open.
- Under Status, choose Resubscribe.
- Follow the on-screen steps to reactivate your payroll service.
If you're unable to reactivate using the steps above, I recommend you proceed with contacting our Payroll Support Team. They'll be able to assist you further with running payroll in QuickBooks.
Here's how you can reach them:
- Go to the Help menu of the company file, then select QuickBooks Desktop Help.
- Hit the Contact us link.
- Click Search for something else.
- Enter the necessary information, then tap Search.
- Click on Start a Message.
For more information, as well as how to reactivate through your Intuit account, I recommend the following article: Reactivate your QuickBooks Payroll subscription.
Feel free to hit that Reply button if you have additional questions about handling QuickBooks payroll subscriptions. Have a great day ahead.