Not applicable

Employees and payroll

I appreciate your time getting back to us, stmaryssewanee,


I can add a bit more about correcting the moving expense reimbursement reporting on your W-2 form.


Rustler shared a great answer. Since moving expense reimbursements beginning 2018 must be subject to income and employment taxes, you can change the payroll item's default Tax Tracking Type. This way, it gets reported correctly on your employee's W-2. Let me guide you through the steps:

  1. Go to Lists and select Payroll Item List.
  2. Double-click the reimbursement item.
  3. Click Next.
  4. Select an expense from the drop-down lists and click Next
  5. From Tax Tracking Type drop-down list, select Fringe Benefits.
  6. Click Next thrice.
  7. Click Finish.

Here's how the tax item affects your report:



That should get you on the right track, stmaryssewanee. You might want to check this article to learn more about creating taxable fringe benefit items: How to create taxable fringe benefits payroll items


Should you need further assistance, please feel free to notify me anytime. I'll be more than happy to help you. Have a good one!

View solution in original post