Hello there, @Jay Fowl.
QuickBooks Desktop is equipped with a variety of reports that you can customize and filter to suit the data you need. Allow me to provide some resources on how you can generate payroll reports to specify your employee's work classifications.
Yes, you can certainly specify it to include a specific work classification. Just make sure to set your paychecks to use earnings items named after your work classifications.
- Go to Edit.
- Choose Preferences.
- Under Company Preferences, click Yes for the question Do you Track Time?
- In the First Day of Work Week drop-down list, choose the day on which you start tracking time each week.
- Click Ok.
Once set up, you'll need to set up your employees for time tracking. Here's how:
- Click Employees.
- Choose Employee Center.
- Open the employee information.
- Go to Payroll Information tab.
- Select Use Time Data when Creating Paychecks.
- Click Ok.
Next, make sure to create a class list item for the specific work classification that you want.
When running the Certified Payroll Report, here's how to specify your work classification:
- Go to Reports.
- Choose Employees and Payroll.
- Select More Payroll Reports in Excel.
- Click Certified Payroll Report.
- In the QuickBooks Certified Payroll Report window, click Continue.
- Choose the specific paycheck date.
- Click Get QuickBooks Data.
- Hit Next.
- Review the Employer Information, then click Next.
- Choose the Name of the Project, then click Next.
- Enter the date of the last pay date, then click Next.
- Select the specific work classification.
If you need further assistance with the steps above, I’d recommend reaching out to our Customer Care Team. They have the tools to access your account on a secured environment and further help you via secured remote access session.
Here’s how you can reach them:
- Go to the Help menu.
- Choose QuickBooks Desktop Help.
- In the Have a Question window, click Contact us at the bottom portion of the screen.
- Click Search for something else.
- Type in a keyword about your concern.
- Hit Search.
- Click on Start a Message.
Feel free to visit us here in the Community if you have other concern about generating reports in QuickBooks Desktop. I'm always here to help.