Re: Subscription Inactive
Hello there, @ExpressGarbage.
I appreciate you following the solution provided by my colleague. Allow me to step in for a moment and help make sure this issue gets taken care of.
Since you’ve verified that your account is showing active when logging in to CAMPS, it’s possible that a damaged paystub.ini file is behind the alert. Let’s delete it so QuickBooks can recognize that you have renewed the subscription.
- Go to the Help menu and click Update QuickBooks.
- Click the Options tab and locate the Download Location.
- Copy the location and go there. Enter paystub in the search field then press Enter.
- Right-click on the file, then Delete. Delete all the paystub files found.
Once done, revalidate the service key. To do that, follow the steps below:
- Inside QuickBooks, press CTRL + K on your keyboard.
- Copy, remove, then reenter the service key.
- Click Next until you reach the Finish button.
Now, you need to run a payroll update to refresh the payroll settings. Follow the steps below:
- Go to the Employees menu and select Get Payroll Updates.
- Select Download Entire Update, then click Update.
- A window appears when the download is complete.
To check the latest tax table, please see this link: Latest Payroll News and Updates. For more information about the Payroll subscription alerts and how to fix them, check out this article: Renew or reactivate your Desktop payroll service.
If you’re still seeing the subscription alert, I recommend contacting Payroll Care Team. They can pull up your account in a secure environment and help you reactivate payroll.
Here’s how to contact us:
- Go to the Help menu at the top of your QuickBooks account.
- Select QuickBooks Desktop Help from the drop-down.
- Click Contact us.
That should do it. Let me know how the call goes. I’m always here to help if you need further assistance. Have a good one!