QuickBooks Team
This widget could not be displayed.

Re: Subscription Inactive

Hello there, @ExpressGarbage.

I appreciate you following the solution provided by my colleague. Allow me to step in for a moment and help make sure this issue gets taken care of.

Since you’ve verified that your account is showing active when logging in to CAMPS, it’s possible that a damaged paystub.ini file is behind the alert. Let’s delete it so QuickBooks can recognize that you have renewed the subscription.  

Here’s how:

1. Go to the Help menu and click Update QuickBooks.
  2. Click the Options tab and locate the Download Location
  3. Copy the location and go there. Enter paystub in the search field then press Enter.
  4. Right-click on the file, then Delete. Delete all the paystub files found.

download loc 1.PNGdownload loc 2.PNG

Once done, revalidate the service key. To do that, follow the steps below:

1. Inside QuickBooks, press CTRL + K on your keyboard.
  2. Copy, remove, then reenter the service key.
  3. Click Next until you reach the Finish button.

Now, you need to run a payroll update to refresh the payroll settings. Follow the steps below:

1. Go to the Employees menu and select Get Payroll Updates.
  2. Select Download Entire Update, then click Update.
  3. A window appears when the download is complete.

payroll update 1.PNGpayroll update 2.PNG

To check the latest tax table, please see this link: Latest Payroll News and Updates. For more information about the Payroll subscription alerts and how to fix them, check out this article: Renew or reactivate your Desktop payroll service.

If you’re still seeing the subscription alert, I recommend contacting Payroll Care Team. They can pull up your account in a secure environment and help you reactivate payroll.

Here’s how to contact us:

1. Go to the Help menu at the top of your QuickBooks account.
  2. Select QuickBooks Desktop Help from the drop-down.
  3. Click Contact us.

That should do it. Let me know how the call goes. I’m always here to help if you need further assistance. Have a good one!