Intuit

COVID 19: What support is available for Businesses?

The coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to affect small businesses in unprecedented ways. Here are some of our latest resources for your business that may help during these challenging times.

Keep up to date on programs and resources

The Small Business Help Centre is our front page for Coronavirus topics. We will be adding new articles and links to different support initiatives in the coming weeks.

How to set up and manage JobKeeper Payments?

On April 8th the JobKeeper Payment program passed into legislation. The JobKeeper Payment of $1,500 gross earnings per fortnight is paid to the employer as a supplement to assist with the payment of salary and wages and will be paid in arrears commencing from May 2020 for a maximum of six months, with payments backdated from 30 March 2020.

For more information, we recommend visiting   set up and manage JobKeeper payments

How do I know if my business is eligible for JobKeeper?

The Australian Government has outlined the eligibility criteria here . If you are still unsure we recommend you reach out to your Accountant or Payroll officer.

Note : You can calculate your turnover by running a Profit and Loss Comparison report.

How do I register for JobKeeper payments?

The Australian Government has outlined the eligibility criteria here . If you are still unsure we recommend you reach out to your Accountant or Payroll officer.

If you meet the above criteria you need to register your interest on the dedicated JobKeeper registration page the ATO has provided.

How do I know if my employee is eligible for JobKeeper?

A report has also been provided to assist you with this:

1. Select Employees in the left-hand menu
  2. Select the Reports tab
  3. Select JobKeeper Eligibility Report (located under Employee)
  4. Choose the appropriate filters and then select Run Report

Navigate to the Eligibility Status column to see whether the employee/s are eligible for the JobKeeper payment.

This information will need to be provided to the ATO on a monthly basis, including the number of eligible employees employed by the business.

View solution in original post

How to set up and record Cash Boost stimulus payments?

Need help recording your Cash Boost stimulus payments? The process has four steps: 

1. Set up a clearing account to record the BAS payment
  2. Set up an Other Income account to record to CashBoost payment you will receive
  3. Enter a journal to ensure the transactions are recorded correctly
  4. Matching the transaction when it comes through your bank feed.  

For more information on recording Cash Boost payments visit the original post .

What government support is available for small businesses?

Government support for sole traders

Government support for employers

Government support for companies

State Government Resources

New South Wales - Coronavirus Information for Small Business Owners

Victorian - Dealing With Coronavirus

Queensland - Novel Coronavirus Small Business Support

Western Australia - Preparing Your Business Against Coronavirus

South Australia - Business Information and Support

Tasmania - Coronavirus Information for Business

Northern Territory - Information for NT Businesses

Still have questions? We're here to help. Ask the QuickBooks Community any time, or contact us .