QuickBooks can send out your scheduled reports, if at the time they're scheduled to send:
- The computer you set up the scheduled report on is running and NOT in sleep or hibernate mode.
- Make sure User Account Control is turned OFF.
Warning: Turning off User Account Control may result to security risk on your computer.
- QuickBooks is running.
- A company file with scheduled report should be open.
- If you have scheduled reports on multiple company files, NO Company file should be opened.
- QuickBooks is updated to the latest release.
- The company file is in single-user mode.
- An email account is setup up in QuickBooks.
- If the email preference is set to Outlook make sure it's open and running.
- You have the Keep QuickBooks running for quick startups preference disabled. Here's a guide to check this
- Select the Edit menu, then select Preferences.
- From the left menu, select General, then choose My Preferences tab.
- Uncheck the box for 'Keep QuickBooks running for quick startup'. Note: This preference is NOT available for QuickBooks 2018 and later.
If you have multiple versions of QuickBooks Desktop installed (e.g., you have both QuickBooks Desktop Pro 2018 and QuickBooks Enterprise 18.0 installed), and the sub-menu for Scheduled Reports is greyed out, make sure to download the latest update.