Learn how to fix "Error 1638: Another version of this product is already installed" in QuickBooks Desktop.
To resolve this issue when installing QuickBooks Desktop, you need to make sure you have installed the correct version of QuickBooks. Here's how:
Step 1: Locate your QuickBooks version
- On your keyboard, press Windows+R to open the Run command.
- Type Control Panel, then select OK.
- Select Programs and Features. If Control Panel is in Category View, select Uninstall a Program.
- In the list of programs, check if the QuickBooks version you are installing is present.
- If it is on the list, open the program.
Step 2: Open the program
- Go to the Start menu.
- Select All Programs, then QuickBooks.
- Choose the correct QuickBooks version.
If QuickBooks won't open:
Solution 1: Repair Quickbooks. If this doesn't work move to Solution 2.