Learn how to set up your cash drawer for QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale 19.0.
Before you set up your cash drawer, make sure your receipt printer is connected and working. This is what powers your cash drawer. If you still need to install your printer, here’s how to do it.
How to install a cash drawer for QuickBooks Point of Sale 19.0
- Select File, then select Hardware Setup Wizard.
- Select Cash Drawer, then connect the cash drawer cable to the back of the receipt printer.
- Select the Receipt Printer dropdown and select the printer you use.
- Select the Cash Drawer dropdown and select the cash drawer you use.
- Select Test the Cash Drawer.
- If the cash drawer opens: Select The Drawer Opened.
- If the cash drawer doesn’t open: Select It Didn’t Open and follow the troubleshooting steps.