Thanks for stopping by the QuickBooks Community. I appreciate you for sharing this information here. From what you've explained, it appears that QuickBooks may be encountering an error which prevents it from recognizing your scanner. To troubleshoot this, you can perform a Clean Install of the software. Here's how:
>Uninstall QuickBooks Desktop:
- On your keyboard, press Windows+R to open the Run command.
- Type in Control Panel and click OK.
- Click Programs and Features (If Control Panel is in Category View, click Uninstall a Program.)
- In the list of programs, select QuickBooks and click Uninstall/Change.
- Follow the prompts to complete the process.
>Rename the Installation folders:
- Download the QuickBooks_Clean_Install_Tool.exe file and save it to your desktop.
- Open QuickBooks_Clean_Install_Utility.exe.
- Click I Accept on the license agreement.
- Select your version of QuickBooks Desktop and click Continue.
- Click OK when you see the message "QuickBooks is now ready for a clean install, please install to the default directory."
>Reinstall QuickBooks Desktop:
Try this and let me know what your results are. If you're still having this issue with the scanner, I'll provide other alternatives to get you back up and running. If you have any questions about this info or anything else QuickBooks, feel free to reach out to me here in the Community.