QuickBooks Team

Install

Hi grangerandassoci,

Thank you for reaching out.

Let's try to rename the Qbprint.qbp file. Qbprint is a QuickBooks Desktop-created file. It contains a data line for each form in QuickBooks Desktop. It has a line for invoices and a separate line for journal entries, etc. Here's how:

1. Locate the Qbprint.qbp.
    Note: you may need to display hidden files in Windows to ensure you can find the file.
    • Windows 10/8/7 and Vista:  C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks 20XX 
      (where 20XX represents the version of QuickBooks Desktop version that you use)
    • Server 2008 and Server 2012: C:\Program Data\Intuit\QuickBooks YEAR and  C:\Users\**remote user**\AppData\Roaming\Intuit\ YEAR VERSION\TSPrinterSettings
      Important: Terminal Service users report finding duplicate copies of the Qbprint file with the stored client data files; double check all folders for odd instances.
  2. Right-click the Qbprint.qbp file for your QuickBooks Desktop version and choose Rename .  (i.e: QBprint.old-- the word "old" is added).
  3. Open QuickBooks Dekstop.
  4. Choose File , then Printer Setup
  5. Click any transaction in the Form Name drop-down list and click OK. This will create a new Qbprint.qbp file.

Once done, try to open the printer setup to check if that works. Here's an article for more information: https://community.intuit.com/articles/1018821.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any follow-up questions.

View solution in original post