Level 1

Is there a version of Quickbooks that can be installed on an iPad (iOS 10.2.1) or do I have to use the online version which requires a monthly fee?

Solved
Community Champion

Install

There is no desktop version of quickbooks that will install on an ipad of any generation, only mac and pc.

However, if you have a PC or a Mac  you can install appropriate version on it and access it from your ipad using one of various remote desktop applications. I use one called Splashtop Streamer which even works on a first generation ipad and is free to use if you are on your LAN.  I believe there is a small fee to access your desktop entirely remotely. There are other prograns of this type and all you have to do is have you host computer up and running. Which complete remote over internet you would have benefit of mobile access to your company file without paying the monthly fee for QBO and yo uwould also benefit fdrom the more robust reporting aspects of QB Desktop

View solution in original post

Level 1

Install

Thanks!  I was hoping to replace QB on my Macbook with QB installed on my new iPad but this looks like a good alternative.
Level 8

Install

There is an iOS app for QuickBooks Online if you use that.
Community Champion

Install

But still requires monthly fee for QBO. The poster wants to avoid that.
Level 8

Install

Right
Level 1

Install

Does Quickbooks have an app for the iPad or not?  If not, what APP can recognize and import my quickbooks file for my iPad to use while I'm on the road?  

If Intuit/QB does not have an app for the iPad, what other alternatives are available?

Level 13

Install

@dkeary 

As mentioned by other members above, you may run QuickBooks Desktop on iPad by remote desktop.

https://my.splashtop.com/splashtop_referral/AAHHq6GG344maw

Should you need to have more than two mobile users working on the same file on iPad at the same time, consider another solution.

https://partners.myquickcloud.com/?pc=fiatlux

Hope it helps.

QuickBooks Team

Install

Hello, @dkeary.

It's great to have you here in the Community. This program is windows based. I have listed the system requirements below.

1. Compatible with Windows 8.1 update 1 or windows 10 supported by Microsoft.
  2. Servers 2012 (or R2), 2016, and 2019.
  3. 2.4 GHz processor.
  4. 8 GB of RAM.
  5. 2.5 GB + disk space recommended.
  6. 4x DVD-ROM drive.
  7. Optimized for 1280x1024 screen resolution or higher.
  8. Browser requirement is Internet 11 (32 bit)

For further information, view  System Requirements for QuickBooks Desktop.

I understand that you are traveling and need QuickBooks to be mobile, I can make this happen for you. QuickBooks partners with Rightnetwors, which is hosting in the cloud. Typically QuickBooks functions with a server and as many workstations as you need. Rightnetworks can host QB, and your company file witch makes it easy to travel. For more information, view the Right Networks web site.

If you have any further questions or concerns, drop a post below. I'm always here to assist in any way that I can.