Level 2

Migration from QB Desktop to QB Online

Let's say I am interested in migrating from QB Desktop to QB Online.

I do so successfully. However, I want to do it again. Is there a way to delete the data that has been imported into QB Online and run the process again?

Community Champion

Install

If your QBO sub is less than 60 days old you can purge the data and start over. If longer you import into a new sub, then cancel the old.

Here is more detail https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Account-management/Delete-QuickBooks-Online-data-and-start-f...

Level 2

Install

Thanks, so if less than 60 days, a "purge" is essentially a deletion of the data?

QuickBooks Team

Install

Hello @globetreader569,

You're correct in that purging is essentially a deletion of all the data in a QuickBooks Online account. A few things to keep in mind is that a user is unable to perform this action if certain features have been used, such as paying employees with direct deposit. The article that @john-pero provided contains additional insight into this process and I recommend looking over it before initiating this process. 

When re-importing from QuickBooks Desktop, all of the data within QuickBooks Online will be overwritten by what's contained in the Desktop file. This action can't be undone and I suggest notating anything that's been done since the import. The Audit Log  feature can assist with reviewing activity in an account and I'm including an article for further guidance: View Audit Logs in QuickBooks Online.

Wishing you a wonderful rest of your week. Take care.