Thanks for contacting the Community, kbieltz1.
I'll guide you on how to export your data from QuickBooks Online (QBO) to QuickBooks Desktop (QBDT).
Currently, Internet Explorer (IE) is no longer supported by QBO. This can be the reason you're having trouble exporting your data.
However, exporting your data will still work by accessing your file into this link in IE: http://qbo.intuit.com/app/exportqbodatatoqbdt.
Once done, you can follow the steps below to complete the process.
- Sign in to your QBO account.
- Locate your file that you want to export.
- If prompted about the browser update, click on the X mark.
- Go to the Gear, then choose Export.
- Select on Learn more under the Moving to QuickBooks Desktop section.
- Click on Learn more under Download your company data.
- Then follow the on-screen instructions.
To learn more about exporting your file from QBO to QBDT as well as its limitations, you can check out these articles:
- Export your QuickBooks Online data to QuickBooks Desktop.
- Limitations when you convert from QuickBooks Online to QuickBooks Desktop.
You can visit this help article if you've got other QuickBooks related concerns, such as setting up reports, online banking, manage reconciliation, transactions, import and export data lists, etc. This way, you'll have better ways on how to manage your business efficiently.
Get back to me if you have any other questions. I'm always here to help. Wishing you a good one!