Hi there, @Grace14.
I can share some additional information about backing up your QuickBooks Online company file.
QuickBooks Online's data servers sit behind layers of network security and are not directly connected to the Internet. Your private information is only available to authorized users. These backups are saved to our third-party hard drive in order to protect your data.
If you want to have your own copy of company data, you use the Export Tool. Here's how:
- Click the Gear icon.
- Under Tools, choose Export Data.
- Choose It's a backup.
- Then click Continue.
- Select the Reports and Lists you want to export.
- Click Export to Excel.
For more insights about exporting data, please refer to these articles:
- Export your data from QuickBooks Online
- Export then import list data into QuickBooks Online
- Import and export employee data
- How to export customer data to Excel
That should let you create and save a backup file. Don't hesitate to get back to me if there's anything else you need. Wishing you and your business continued success.