What do I need to do to request a reinstall disk for Quickbooks Desktop version 2019 and Enterprise Solutions Accountant - V19.0?
Re: What do I need to do to request a reinstall disk for Quickbooks Desktop version 2019 and Ente...
Hey there, @morr.
Welcome to the QuickBooks Community. Allow me to get you steered in the right direction. You don't actually need an install disk for QuickBooks Desktop. You can download the installer from our download center, free of charge. I've included steps to follow down below:
- Go to Download QuickBooks Desktop to get your copy. Choose the year and version you want to download.
- Select the QuickBooks .exe file (e.g. QuickBooksPro2017.exe) found on your desktop or wherever you saved it. This will start the installer.
- Click Yes to All if How do I update my data to a new version of QuickBooks Desktop? prompted to overwrite the existing extracted files.
- Select Next to begin the installation.
- Read the Software License Agreement. If you agree, select I accept the terms in the license agreement and click Next.
- Enter your License and Product numbers, then select Next.
- Select the type of installation for the computer.
- Express: Allows the installer to make the recommended choices for you, including replacing your previous version of QuickBooks if you have one. Note: The Accountant Edition does not replace older years by default.
- Custom and Network Options: Choose this if you will be using multiple versions of QuickBooks Desktop on the computer OR if you will use QuickBooks to share data with other users on a network.
- Select where you will be using QuickBooks.
Note: If you selected Express in the previous step, skip to step 10.
- I'll be using QuickBooks on this computer - choose this if you are not using QuickBooks in a network OR if you are installing on a computer that will be used for running QuickBooks but will not store the company file.
- I'll be using QuickBooks on this computer, AND I'll be storing our company file here so it can be shared over our network - choose this if you will be running QuickBooks and storing/sharing the company file on the network from this machine.
- I will NOT be using QuickBooks on this computer. I will be storing our company file here so it can be shared over a network. (A license is not required for this option.) - choose this if no one will be using QuickBooks on this computer and it will be used as a file server to share the company file over the network.
- Click Next to install to the default directory.
- Select Install to continue, or choose Back if you need to go back and review any of the previous screens.
- If any QuickBooks processes were running during the installation, the installer may ask you to restart your computer. Otherwise, select Open QuickBooks to get started!
- After installation, activate QuickBooks and you’re all set. If you run into any problems, see Register QuickBooks Desktop.
For your reference, here is the article that covers installing QuickBooks Desktop: How to Install QuickBooks Desktop.
Once you've followed these steps, you will have successfully installed the desktop version. If you still would like a physical reinstall disk, I recommend calling into Customer Support. They can mail you a physical reinstall disk. The only charge will be for shipping and handling. You can find contact information here: Contact us. If you have any questions about this or anything else QuickBooks, feel free to reach out to me here in the Community. I'm always here to help.