Hello there, Joe M.
Thanks for letting us know. Let me help to get this sorted out so you can open your company file successfully and get back to your business right away.
We haven't received any similar reports about company file issue and I appreciate you for taking the time to report this. Let's perform troubleshooting steps to resolve this by moving the entire QuickBooks data into different folder, this won't affect your data but if some files are not carried over, you can just restore them.
To do this, here's how:
- Identify the file location.
- Navigate to the folder.
- Right-click the folder, then select Copy.
- Paste the folder in your external device (flash drive, hard drive, thumb drive, etc.).
- Plug in the device to your new computer, then Copy the files to the local drive.
For additional reference, you can check this article and scroll-down to Solution 2: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Getting-Started/Move-your-company-files-to-another-computer/....
Once done, you can now open your QuickBooks company file by following the steps below:
- Choose File.
- Select Open or Restore Company.
- In the Open or Restore Company window, choose Open a company file radio button, then click Next.
- Select your company file or browse to the folder containing your company file, then click Open.
If that doesn't work, you can follow this article for another troubleshooting steps on how to resolve problems opening your company file.
I also encourage you to contact our QuickBooks Desktop Technical Support Team. They have additional tools to pull up your account in a secure environment and do a remote session to further assists you with the steps.
Here's how to contact our support:
- Click this link: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Getting-Started/Contact-QuickBooks-Desktop-support/m-p/18603....
- Select the version of QuickBooks, click Contact Us.
- Type-in Technical Support on the search bar.
- Click Get the Phone number below.
Please let me know how it goes. I'll be here if you have any other concerns about opening QuickBooks company file. Have a good one!