Thanks for getting back to the Community and providing additional information about the issue your getting. Let me guide you to the right support so you can get back to business.
Since you're able to perform the recommended troubleshooting but still getting the same result, it would be best to get in touch with our QuickBooks Technical Support Team for further assistance.
There they can help you investigate what's causing this unexpected issue on your Company Preferences and the Sales Tax Liability Report. They can also do a screen sharing session with you to better isolate the problem in a secure environment. Here's how you can contact them:
- Go to this link: https://help.quickbooks.intuit.com/en_US/contact
- Choose QuickBooks Mac Desktop.
- Click the Search for something else button.
- In the Tell us more about your question: box, type QuickBooks Mac issue.
- Scroll down and click the Get Phone Number button.
Please feel free to fill me in on the outcome, @glendaw40. I want to ensure your issue is taken care of immediately. Have a good one!