Re: I can't open my quickbooks because of error message
Hello there, @atallman.
Thanks for reaching out to us. I’m here to make sure you’re able to open the company file without any issues.
The error 6155 indicates that there is an issue with the company file or the QuickBooks Desktop application is facing difficulties accessing the company file.
Here are some of the possible reasons why QuickBooks encounters this error:
- Incomplete installation of QuickBooks Desktop software on Windows.
- Damaged or corrupt QuickBooks Desktop company file.
- Company file is missing from the QuickBooks installation directory.
- Outdated QuickBooks Desktop application.
To fix the problem, let’s start by updating the program to the latest release.
- Go to Help at the top menu and choose Update QuickBooks.
- Select Update Now at the top, then check the box next to Reset Update.
- Click Get Updates.
If you continue to get the same result after performing these steps, run the QuickBooks File Doctor to fix the damaged company file. Let me show you how:
- Download the QuickBooks File Doctor.
- Launch the tool by double-clicking the icon on your desktop.
- Follow the prompt to run the tool.
- View results.
Check out this article for reference: QuickBooks File Doctor – Fix your Damaged Company file or Network.
That should get you back up and running. Let me know if this works out for you, I’m more than happy to help. Take care!