Hello there, shilohplace,
Let's go to Account and Settings and change your company address.
- Go to the Gear icon, then select Account and Settings.
- Choose the Company tab.
- Click anywhere within Address menu.
- Enter your Company address.
- If you want the same address that your customers can see in their transaction forms, click the tick box beside Same as company address under Customer-facing address section. (Please see attached file below)
- Click the Save button once done.
This will then update the address of your company where your customers can contact you. However, this will not correct those receipts that were already been sent to them.
To test, you can create a dummy receipt to view the changes you've done on the account.
On the other hand, if you're referring to the address on your QuickBooks subscription invoice receipt, kindly follow these steps below:
- Go to the Gear icon at the top.
- Under Your Company, choose Account and Settings.
- Select Billing & Subscription from the left menu.
- Click anywhere within QuickBooks section, and under Payment method, click the Edit hyperlink.
- The Payment Information window will appear. Update your Billing address. (Please see screenshot below)
- Click Save.
Once done, our system will automatically update your billing address within 24 hours.
For further information, you can check out these articles:
- Change Company Name, Address, Email address, EIN, and Privacy Settings
- Update your Credit Card Information
That'll keep you going, shilohplace. Please don't hesitate to leave a comment below if you need further assistance in updating your QuickBooks company setup. I'm just around if you need help.
You can unmark the address box in your custom style templates. This way, it won't show up on your customer-facing transactions. Let me guide you through how.
- Go to Gear, then Custom Form Styles.
- Edit your Standard template.
- Select the Content tab, the click the header section of the invoice.
- Tick the +Address link, then remove the check mark beside Street address.
- Hit Done.
Here's an article that you can read for more information about: Import custom form styles for invoices or estimates.
You can also check this article if you want to email and customize your sales form.
Please leave a comment anytime if you have other questions. I'd be glad to help. Have an awesome day ahead.
Hello there, @MARGPent.
If you're trying to update the billing address of your credit card to pay your subscription, I recommend accessing QBO using a private window. This is to isolate if the cache of your browser is causing the issue.
Take these shortcut key below to open a new browser:
- Google Chrome: press Ctrl + Shift + N
- Mozilla Firefox: press Ctrl + Shift + P
- Internet Explorer: press Ctrl + Shift + P
- Safari: press Command + Shift + N
You may refer to this link for complete details about updating your billing information: Update your billing and subscription info
If it works fine, go back to your regular browser and clear its cache. This is stored for increased loading performance, but too much can accumulate and bog down processes. I'm including an article that goes over this in more depth and provides steps for supported browsers: Delete or Disable Cache and Temporary Internet Files in Your Web Browser.
If doing this doesn't make a difference, I recommend getting in touch with our Customer Care Team. They have the tools to pull up your account and help you pay your subscription.
To do that:
- Click on Help at the top menu bar.
- Hit on the Contact Us button.
- Enter a brief description of the issue in the What can we help you with? box.
- Press on Let's talk.
- Select on Get a callback.
- Key in your contact details, then tap on Confirm my call.
I'm just a reply away if you have any other concerns. It'd be my pleasure to help. Have a good night!
I appreciate for following the steps above. I've replicate in my end and its working find. We need to make sure we click the pencil icon to show the empty box.
- Click the Gear icon, then choose Account and Settings.
- From Company, under Address click the pencil icon.
- Company address will show and click Save.
- Tap Done.
However, only Master admin and Company admin can only modify this setting.
Here's an article that you can read for more information about: User types in QuickBooks Online.
That's it. This should help you point in the right direction. Let me know if you have further questions in QuickBooks. I'll be here to answer them. Have a great day!
This doesn't work for me at all. There is no field to input my "client's" company address. I'm a student trying to complete the practical final exam and was given instructions, including setting up a new client with specific information. Including the physical address that for some reason Quickbooks is not letting me put in. And, yes, I clicked on the pencil icon. I'm also missing every other tab other than Company, which is another problem because I need to be able to put in a sales tax id. This is a mess and I don't know why this isn't working. I was able to access everything I needed to with the coursework practice company, so why this new account isn't working properly is a mystery. I really need to pass this exam. Please help.
Hello there, WyrtWicce.
I'm here to help you with setting up your account.
The steps mentioned above in updating the company address are correct. We can perform some troubleshooting steps to resolve and see if this is a result of a browser error.
Let's start by using an incognito window. Log in from there and enter the details needed. Also, let's clear the cache on your browser since it can result in some errors in QuickBooks Online.
Aside from that, make sure that your browser is updated. Older versions is one of the reasons why we are experiencing issues.
I'm wishing you the best of luck and hope you'll pass the exam.
I'll be here if you need more help. Just tag my name.
Thank you for the reply. I've cleared the cache and cookies (for the second time in as many days), am already using the latest version of Chrome, and my draconian network settings do not allow incognito windows. The option is not there in the browser menu, and Ctrl+Shift+N does nothing at all. This is not the first issue I've had with QBO, but it's by far the worst.
Thank you for your reply. I am and was using the latest version of Chrome, I cleared the cache for the second time in as many days, and incognito mode is impossible for my draconian school account settings. That option is not in the browser menu, and Ctrl+Shift+N does nothing.
Thanks for the update, WyrtWicce,
Great job for following the recommended steps provided by my colleague in this thread.
Let's perform one more troubleshooting step to get the company address working. You can delete and re-create the sales receipt after editing the address on your company settings. Doing this will make the changes take effect.
If you're still getting the same results, I highly recommend contacting our QuickBooks Online Team. They can create a ticket and send it to your Product Team for further investigation.
How to contact customer support
- Sign in to your QuickBooks Online company.
- Click Help (?) at the top right.
- Select Contact Us to connect with a live support agent.
The Contact Support page can tell you how and when to call or email us.
Let me know how the call or chat goes by commenting below. I'm always around whenever you need help.
Thank you and stay safe!