Welcome to the Community space, @karl-fourseasons.
Let's make sure that you uncheck the box beside the Public in your custom fields. This way, it doesn't show up in your customer quote. I'll guide you how:
- Click the Gear icon and choose Accounts and Settings.
- Select Sales and click the Sales form content section.
- Remove the checkmark in the Public checkbox of the fields.
- Click Save and Done.
I'm adding these great resources that will guide you in adding custom fields to invoice and customising your sales forms in QuickBooks:
- How to add custom fields to invoices
- Customise invoices, quotes, and sales receipts in QuickBooks Online
- Import custom form styles for invoices or estimates
- Email and customise sales form
I'll be right here to help if you need further assistance. Have a great day.