Tracking of Projects
Working for a small marketing company where we track individual profit/loss by a unique job number. In MYOB this is done by creating a sales/ purchase invoice and completing the a field called job. We can thereafter track profitability etc. Each sale/purchase has a unique number which is only used once. Therefore over a period of time we may have over 500 different jobs
Can something similar be done in Quickbooks and if so how?
Re: Tracking of Projects
Hi there, Happygirl!
In QuickBooks Online, we have a feature called Projects. You will enter your invoices and your expenses per project, and in Project section, you can automatically see your profit margin for each of them.
To enable Projects:
- Click the Gear icon and choose Advanced.
- Click the Pencil icon in the Projects section.
- Put a check mark in the Organise all job-related activity in one place box.
- Click Save and click Done.
Once enabled, the Projects menu will be added to the left navigation bar of your Dashboard. Then, just click on it and click New Project to add one. If you like to add transactions to the project you added, simply click on the Add to Projects button and choose the drop list.
Here are some articles for your additional reference:
- Set up and use the Projects feature
- Projects FAQs
- How to schedule and track your work with projects and tasks
Feel free to post again when you need help.
Have a good day!