I can provide clarification on how to record your transactions in QuickBooks Online.
First off, you can create an Adjustment note when the invoice amount is lesser than the delayed credit. From there, you can link the invoice to the Adjustment note to apply the charge.
When it comes to applying a delayed credit into an invoice in QuickBooks Online AU, the invoice amount should be greater than the delayed credit amount.
To enter an apply the adjustment note, here's what you'll need to do:
- Click the Plus icon at the top, then select Adjustment note.
- Enter the necessary information, then click Save and close.
- To apply the adjustment, click the Plus icon at the top again.
- Select Receive Payment.
- Complete the fields.
- Under Credits, select the Adjustment Note.
- Verify that the total to pay (if any) is correct after applying the Adjustment Note.
- Click Save and close.
As for your other questions, if your customer wanted a refund, kindly make sure that adjustment note has not been entered yet to avoid a double refund.
To give you a better view about this processes, you can reference this articles:
As always, you can contact our QuickBooks Support team if you need assistance with the steps. They'll be able to pull up your account in a secure environment and help you navigate using one of their tools like screen sharing.
To reach them, here’s how:
- Click this link https://help.quickbooks.intuit.com/en_AU/contact.
- Choose the QuickBooks Product.
- On the Contact Us page, select a topic.
- Click on Get Phone Number button to see the support number.
That should do it! If there’s anything else you need help with in applying adjusting note to invoice, please feel free to visit us again.