I'm here to help record the customer's payment, girishk1963.
You can receive the full payment of the invoice and post it to the Undeposited funds account. Here's how to accomplish this:
- Click + New, select Receive Payment.
- Choose the name of the customer from the drop-down menu.
- From the invoice from the Outstanding Transactions section.
- Select the payment method.
- Enter the Reference no. and Memo if applicable.
- Deposit the payment to the Undeposited funds account.
- Click Save and close.
Once done, you can record the commission by making a bank deposit. Here's how:
- Click + New, select Bank Deposit.
- From the Account drop-down ▼ menu, choose the account you want to deposit the money into.
- Mark the payment you've recorded above
- Go to the Add funds to this deposit section and record the commission.
- Make sure to select an expense account in the Account drop-down menu to track the commission.
- Enter a negative amount.
- Select Save and close.
I've adding this link for more details about the steps above: Record and make bank deposits in QuickBooks Online
Stay in touch if you have follow-up questions about recording the payment and commission. I'm always right here to help you.