Hi there, kmranjith.
If you're the owner of the company, you can record capital investments to track money going into your business. This will keep your books from the investments in Various Companies and Funds. Creating Ledgers for all the said Investments it's not necessary.
To start with, you need to set up an equity account first. Then, start recording the investment.
- Select + New.
- Choose Bank deposit.
- From the Account drop-down menu, select the bank account you're depositing the money into.
- Enter the date you deposited the money.
- From the Add funds to this deposit section, enter the name of the investor in the Received from field.
- Select the appropriate equity account from the drop-down list in the Account field.
- Specify a payment method.
- Enter the investment amount in the Amount field.
- Hit Save and close.
Once done, please check this article for additional information and to finish the process: Track personal money or investments to your business.
If you're not the owner of the company, I'd suggest consulting an accountant to help you record an investment. This is to make sure your account stays accurate.
Please refer to this article on how you can use classes to track income, expenses, or profitability by business segment: Get started with class tracking in QuickBooks Online.
Please know that you're always welcome to post if you have other questions related to QuickBooks. I'm always here to help. Take care!
Dear Sir / Madam,
You can create Ledger and Sub Ledgers for the same. If there is a stream or segment them you can use class and location / department additionally so that reports can be configured.
We can help you.
Let me know if any issues.