I can guide you on how to record the returned cheque payment, sales.
You can record a bounced or Non-Sufficient Funds (NSF) cheque using an invoice. You'll need to create two product or service items first for the bounced cheque and fees in QuickBooks Online (QBO).
- Click the Gear icon on the top menu.
- Under Lists, select Products and Services.
- Click the New tab.
- In the Product/Service information panel, select the Service item.
- In the Name field, enter "Bounced Cheque".
- From the Income account drop-down, choose the bank account the cheque was returned on.
- Click Save and new to create the second item.
- In the Name field, enter "Bounced Cheque Fee".
- From the Income account drop-down, choose or add an income account called Bounced Cheque Fees. Then, select an existing expense account that you use to track your bank charges.
- Click Save and Close.
Then, proceed to Step 2: Create the invoice until Step 4: Record the payment from your customer section in this article: Record a bounced cheque using an invoice.
To reach out to our Customer Support Team, you can chat them or send an email.
- Click Help on the top menu.
- Choose Contact us.
- Enter your concern in the What can we help you with? field.
- Click Let's talk.
- Choose Start a Chat or Start an email to connect with us.
I have a link here that contains articles about managing money in and money out transactions: https://community.intuit.com/browse/quickbooks-online-sg-en-moneyin-moneyout.
I'm confident doing these steps help you record the returned customer's cheque payment. Please add a comment below if you need anything else in QBO. I'm always here to help.