QuickBooks Team
QuickBooks Team

Manage Suppliers and Expenses

I can guide you on how to record the returned cheque payment, sales.

You can record a bounced or Non-Sufficient Funds (NSF) cheque using an invoice. You'll need to create two product or service items first for the bounced cheque and fees in QuickBooks Online (QBO).

Here's how:

  1. Click the Gear icon on the top menu.
  2. Under Lists, select Products and Services.
  3. Click the New tab.
  4. In the Product/Service information panel, select the Service item.
  5. In the Name field, enter "Bounced Cheque".
  6. From the Income account drop-down, choose the bank account the cheque was returned on.
  7. Click Save and new to create the second item.
  8. In the Name field, enter "Bounced Cheque Fee".
  9. From the Income account drop-down, choose or add an income account called Bounced Cheque Fees. Then, select an existing expense account that you use to track your bank charges.
  10. Click Save and Close.

Then, proceed to Step 2: Create the invoice until Step 4: Record the payment from your customer section in this article: Record a bounced cheque using an invoice.

To reach out to our Customer Support Team, you can chat them or send an email.

Here's how:

  1. Click Help on the top menu.
  2. Choose Contact us.
  3. Enter your concern in the What can we help you with? field.
  4. Click Let's talk.
  5. Choose Start a Chat or Start an email to connect with us.

I have a link here that contains articles about managing money in and money out transactions: https://community.intuit.com/browse/quickbooks-online-sg-en-moneyin-moneyout.

I'm confident doing these steps help you record the returned customer's cheque payment. Please add a comment below if you need anything else in QBO. I'm always here to help.

View solution in original post