Yes, you can definitely backdate paychecks or process a late payroll in QuickBooks Online, marco13.
To do this, you can follow the steps below:
- Open the pay run you wish to adjust the pay period dates for and click the Adjust Pay Period button from the Pay Run Actions option. This option is only visible from the pay run actions in unlocked/unfinalised pay runs)
- In the Adjust Pay Period pop-up, select the new pay period ending and the date the pay run will be paid and click Save.
- If the dates are valid, the pay period will be updated.
When using this feature, there are a couple of scenarios to be aware of when changing the pay period dates.
- If an employee's start date is before the pay period start date, they will be removed from the pay run; and
- If an employee's end date is before the pay period end date they will be removed from the pay run
There are corresponding articles for each report type that go into greater detail on how to run them. To locate these, go to https://support.yourpayroll.com.au/hc/en-au and search the name of the report.
Please reply to the comment below if you have questions about backdating a paycheck. Remember, I'll always be around to further assist you.