Switching from QB Online to QB Desktop can be a lengthy process but I'll be happy to help.
Since there's no direct way to move your client's account from QuickBooks Online to QuickBooks Desktop, you'll need to export your data out of QB Online.
- Login to your client's QuickBooks Online account.
- Go to the Gear Icon.
- Choose Export Data.
- From here you can export your reports and lists.
The info you can export out of QB Online is limited at this time. If there's important info which you're finding hard to export out of QBO, don't hesitate to reach out for help. Once you've exported you QBO file as CSV files, you can import them to QB Desktop.
To import a list in the CSV format, you need to install the QuickBooks Import Excel and CSV toolkit. The toolkit contains:
- Import from Excel and CSV Manual – a PDF document with instructions, best practices, and notes.
- CSV Examples Folder – 4 sample CSV files, one for each type of list.
- XLS Example Folder – a sample Excel file containing 4 worksheets, one for each type of list.
- Allowed fields – a reference guide explaining what fields are available for Excel and CSV import.
Steps to install the QuickBooks Import Excel and CSV toolkit
- Open the file download window for the toolkit, then select Save.
- Go to your Windows Desktop, then select Save.
- Double-click QuickBooks_Import_Excel_and_CSV.exe on your Windows desktop to open the WinZip Self-Extractor window.
- Select Browse, choose the folder where you want to install the toolkit (such as your Desktop), then OK.
- Select Unzip to extract the contents, and then select Close to close the WinZip Self-Extractor window.
- Open the QuickBooks Import Excel and CSV folder from the location you selected in step 4.
In case you have other questions, feel free to contact our support team using this link here.