Re: how to copy a budget
Great to see you today, @mway,
That's a great question! I can help you copy your budget reports in QuickBooks Desktop.
This can be done in just a few clicks. Follow the steps below:
- Go to the Company menu.
- Choose Planning & Budgeting.
- Choose Setup Budget.
- On the Budget drop-down, choose the budget you want to copy.
- Make any modifications on the report if necessary.
- Click the Create New Budget button then click Next.
- Specify the year and the budget type.
- Complete the P&L criteria.
- Click Next.
- Mark the Create budget from previous year's actual data radio button.
- Choose Finish.
- Click Save then OK.
That should bring forth the monthly totals from last year for each account. You may want to check this article to know more about setting up budgets in QuickBooks Desktop: Create a budget or forecast in QuickBooks Desktop
Let me know if you have any questions. I'm here to help you anytime, @mway. Have a great day!