Hey there, 2robertc.
We do have an option where you can un.check the box for the closing of books.
Here are the steps:
- Click Edit located at the top.
- Choose Preferences, and click Accounting.
- Click the Company Preferences tab.
- Under Closing Date, click the Set Date/Password button.
- Remove the Closing Date and Password.
- Click OK.
You can also check this article for your reference: Set, Change or Remove Closing Date and Closing Date Password.
If you require further information about QuickBooks, I'll be around to help you some more. Thanks.