Level 2

Can I set the default size of the Windows Desktop Application so that I do not have to keep resizing it every time I open the app?

Solved

Other questions

Hi there, reidjwilliams.

I can help you set a default size of your Windows Desktop Application.

Let's set your QuickBooks Desktop window to the size of your preference. Once done, you can go to your QuickBooks Desktop preference to save the settings.

Here's how:

1. Go to the Edit menu.
  2. Click Preferences.
  3. Select Desktop View.
  4. Under My Preferences tab, fill in the radio button for Save current desktop.
  5. Click OK.

That should do it. If you need anything else, please feel free to come back and leave a comment below. 

Level 2

Other questions

This did not work for me. I have the QuickBooks online application and these settings are not available options. However, I found a workaround that works. If you close the app by using the Close option nested under the File menu the app will remember it's size, location, and content. If you close the app using the X in the top right corner the app will not remember this info and open at a default size and location.

View solution in original post

Level 1

Other questions

None of these options seems to work on my Desktop (Windows 10) computer.  I continue to have to resize the open windows and they do not retain when closing either using the X in upper right corner or using the File, close and logoff or even the File, exit

Window settings return to where they were before once reopened.  Using QuickBooks 20.0

QuickBooks Team

Other questions

Hello there, @Don CPA.

I'm here to help you fix your Display Preferences in QuickBooks Desktop.

Let's try the steps I've provided below on how to change the Display Settings in QuickBooks:

1. Close QuickBooks Desktop.
  2. Open the Windows Start menu.
  3. Type "QuickBooks" into the search, then right-click the QuickBooks icon and select Open file location.
  4. In the folder, right-click the QuickBooks.exe file and choose Properties.
  5. Go to the Compatibility tab.
  6. Mark the Disable display scaling on high DPI settings check box. You can also press Change high DPI settings and then Override high DPI scaling behavior.
  7. Hit Apply and then OK.

Open QuickBooks and look for display issues. If everything looks good, you're good to go. If the issue persists, check out this Community Article that has additional steps and troubleshooting: Fix screen issues in QuickBooks Desktop.

Let me know how this goes for you! I'll be here if you need further assistance. Have a great day.

Level 1

Other questions

Does not work, even going to one window will not work 

The DPI settings you refer to are not exactly where stated in Windows 10 under the compatibility mode.

There is no disable button as indicated below.  Can go to the second screen but doesn't help at all.  Still reverts back to where it was before resizing.  

QuickBooks Team

Other questions

Thanks for letting me know that didn't work, @Don CPA.

Let's run a Verify and Rebuild on your Data. This is to ensure there are no errors in your Company File to be causing this behavior. I've provided the steps below on how to do this process with ease:

Verify the Data:

1. Go to Window in the top menu, then Close All.
  2. Click on File in the top menu, then Utilities Verify Data.
  3. Now let's move on to Rebuilding. If you have Assisted Payroll, I recommend reaching our Payroll Support for further assistance.

Rebuild the Data:

1. Go to File in the top menu, then Utilities Rebuild Data.
  2. Create a backup of your Company File, then press OK.
  3. Once the backup is finished, then the Rebuild Data utility will start.
  4. Hit OK when you get the message "Rebuild has completed".
  5. Now check the remaining data: Select File Utilities Verify Data.

For more information about this troubleshooting process, click here.

Let me know how this goes for you! If you run into any error messages, please provide me the details or a screenshot. I'll be here.

Level 1

Other questions

The rebuild did not solve the problem.  The size of the windows will not remain as set once you close the program.  Verify had no errors.

QuickBooks Team

Other questions

Thank you for performing the steps given by my colleague, Don CPA.

Since the issue persists, I recommend getting in touch with our Customer Care Team. They have available tools to further check the root cause of this.

Here's how:

1. Go to the Help menu.
  2. Select QuickBooks Desktop Help.
  3. Click Contact Us.
  4.  Type in your concern, under Tell us more about your question, then click Search.
  5. You can either Get a callback or Start a message.

To know their support hours, you check out to this article: Support hours and types.

Stay in touch if you have any additional questions aside from this. Have a great day!