Re: Unapplied Bill Payment Check
Hi there, SwTrinity.
I'd be happy to help you apply the bill payment check to the right bill.
I agree with you. I also wouldn't recommend deleting the check since it may cause a discrepancy when you try to reconcile the transaction. That said, an easy way to resolve this is to simply open the Bill Payment Check and apply it to the right bill. Here's how:
- From the Vendors menu, choose Vendor Center.
- Select the vendor's name.
- In the Transactions tab, double-click the check (Bill Pmt-Check).
- Check the correct bill in the Bills Paid In This Transaction section
- Click Save & Close. If you receive a warning from QuickBooks, just select Yes.
For future reference, I'm also including this article: Pay bills in QuickBooks Desktop
That should do it. With these resources, I'm confident that you'll be all set with your bills in no time!
Keep in touch if there's anything else I can help you with. I've always got you covered. Thanks for dropping by, wishing you and your business all the best.