Re: Barcode Scanning.
Welcome to the Community, marc.
Let me lend a hand and share with you some information about barcode scanning in QuickBooks Desktop.
Before you install a new scanner, you will first need to check if the MC40 scanner uses a TWAIN-compliant scanner with QuickBooks Scan Manager. The formats below are the specifications that need to be met to ensure your scanner will work QuickBooks.
- The scanner must support EAN-13 (International Article Number, formerly European Article Number) and Code-128 barcodes.
- The scanner must produce a single carriage return at the end of the barcode.
The Barcode Scanner Tester App will check to see if QuickBooks Desktop will recognize your scanner.
- Download and run the Barcode Scanner Tester.
- Enter the information in Step 1, then select Analyze.
- Select Step 2, then select the blank field, scan any barcode, and select Analyze.
These recommended articles are a good reference:
- Use barcode scanning.
- Set up QuickBooks Scan Manager.
- Set up and use the Warehouse Manager App for QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise.
As always, you can reach out to our customer care agents if you'd like someone to be with you as you go through these steps. They can pull up your account in a secure environment and assist you further.
- Within your QuickBooks Desktop, click Help at the top menu bar.
- Click Contact us.
- In order to route you to the correct support expert, we need to know what type of question you have. Give a brief description of your issue and click Continue.
- We’ll provide you a few options. You choose which one is best for you.
You can always stay connected with me by leaving a reply below if you have additional questions about scanning barcode in QuickBooks Desktop. Have a good one.