Sale Tax Center- no longer able to see current year
Something has changed. The Sales Tax Center used to show all tax agencies and all months under Sales Tax Owed. Now, because I have not had any sales tax liability so far this year, nothing shows there for "current year." The only "agency" listed is "Original Sales Tax", and the "Record Tax Payment" option is grayed out. If I select "previous year" I can see my tax agency and all months, even months with no tax liability. This is a problem because I need to enter a late filing fee. I've never had an issue with this until this year. I could always select the agency, select the month, and enter an adjustment for late fees. I've attached screenshots.
Re: Sale Tax Center- no longer able to see current year
Hello there, @tjkirk.
I appreciate you for sharing a screenshot of what you're actually seeing on your end. Let me help you sort this out.
With QuickBooks Online, there are two preferences in viewing the Sales tax Center. Currently, you are using the old sales tax center.
In the meantime, let us isolate this issue by performing the following troubleshooting steps to see whether this is browser-related:
- Login to your QuickBooks Online account using an incognito or private browser.
- Mozilla Firefox: press CTRL + Shift + P
- Internet Explorer: press CTRL + Shift + P
- Safari: press Command + Shift + N
- Google Chrome, press CTRL + Shift +
- The stored data in your browser’s history can cause some odd errors and may affect the performance of QuickBooks, you may want to clear your browser’s cache to avoid this.
- You can use the Browser Health Checkup Tool to check any issues with your browser’s health and its compatibility with QuickBooks Online.
If the issue persists, I'd recommend scheduling a callback with our Customer Care Team. A specialist will be able to look into your account via secured environment and further check on the root cause of the issue.
Here's how to contact us:
- Click (?) Help.
- Select Contact US.
- Under How can we help?, type in any keyword about your concern.
- Click Continue.
- Choose We’ll call you.
- Enter your information.
- Hit Call Me.