Re: Unrecoverable Error during Repairing Attachment Links QB Desktop 2018 R11
I appreciate you taking the time posting in the Community. Allow me to help share a few troubleshooting steps to get past the Unrecoverable Error.
You're right. It's possible that your QuickBooks company file is damaged, there is an attached file with names that contain special characters, or QuickBooks installation files are damaged when you encounter an Unrecoverable Error.
To check, we can run the Rebuild and Verify Data Utility to find the error in the results screen and resolve minor data problems. Before doing so, let's make sure that QuickBooks Desktop is up to date and create a backup of the company file.
Next, let's check the Attached folder to ensure there are no file names containing special characters. Let me show you how:
- On the keyboard, press Windows to open the Search window.
- Enter Attach in the search field then press Enter.
- Open the attached folder.
- Right-click on the first folder (usually the inbox).
- Select Send to then choose Compressed (zipped) folder.
- If an error is encountered while zipping the file, read the error message directed at the file that has a special character in it, including the special character that it is referring to.
- Right-click the folder and select Rename. By renaming the file, you can remove the special character.
- Repeat step 5 until there are no errors found in any of the folders in the Attached folder.
- Go back to QuickBooks, and run Repair Attached Document Links again.
After that, you can delete the zip files generated in the attached folder.
If you get the same result, I recommend checking the following article for additional solutions: Fix QuickBooks Desktop.
That should get you back on track. Keep me posted how things go once you've tried the steps above or if you have any other questions while working with QuickBooks. I'll be glad to help you further. Have a wonderful day ahead.