Not applicable
This widget could not be displayed.

Starting up program from Icon

My program returns this error message when I double click to start: "This program has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way. Please contact support."

Runtime error! Program:C:\Program Files(x86)\Intuit\Quickbooks2009\qbw32.exe

Established Community Backer ***

Re: Starting up program from Icon

hi @depotsquare1121 ,

It seems there is something wrong with your Windows component. Our first recommendation is to run your Windows Update. We frequently met similar error at our clients when running QuickBooks on Windows 7.

QuickBooks Team

Re: Starting up program from Icon

Thanks for reaching out to us here in the Intuit Community, @depotsquare1121.

Your Microsoft C++ component may be damaged. That's why you're getting the runtime error when opening QuickBooks Desktop.

To resolve this issue, you can use the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool. This tool is designed to automatically diagnose and fix issues with C++. 

Let me guide you through the steps on how to fix this:

1. Download the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool.
  2. Save the file on your computer.
  3. Make sure to close all other open programs, then run the tool.
  4. This may take up to 20 mins to complete the process.
  5. Restart your computer to ensure updates are completely installed.

If same issue persists, you can uninstall and reinstall the Microsoft Visual C++ to manually repair Microsoft components. Make sure to run the tool prior to performing the manual step. Otherwise, the time take to resolve the issue will decrease.

For your guidance with the solution above, feel free to read this article: Fix Microsoft .NET Framework, MSXML, and C++ issues using the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.

That will fix the runtime error. Please stay in touch with me on what the results are and I'll get back to you.