Re: Upgrade Installation Problem
Thanks for alerting me about this installation error, @MetroWeschem.
Let's ensure your device meets the system requirements when installing QuickBooks Pro or QuickBooks Mac.
Here are the minimum requirements for this QuickBooks Desktop for Mac:
- At least MacOS 10.12 (Sierra); supported by MacOS 10.13 (High Sierra), MacOS 10.14 (Mojave)
- Intel processor, Core 2 Duo or higher
- Multi-user Server: Intel Core 2 Duo or higher processor to run the server
- 2 GB RAM (4 GB RAM recommended)
- 250 MB of available disk space
- CD/DVD drive or Internet connection for the downloaded installation
- Printer: 100% Macintosh-compatible printer, if you plan to print invoices, checks, deposit slips, lists, purchase orders, mailing labels, reports, or graphs
- Checks: Use Intuit Checks if you plan to print checks. Canadian Image Ready Checks are not supported
- Product registration required
If you're using QuickBooks Desktop Pro 2019, you may check this article for the complete list of requirements: QuickBooks Desktop 2019 system requirements.
Once checked, let's turn off your windows firewall and proceed with re-installing QuickBooks using the QBInstall Tool.
- Download the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- Save the file to the local Desktop when prompted.
- Close any open programs.
- Double-click QuickBooksDesktopInstallDiagnosticTool.exe to open the QBInstall Tool.
- Choose Yes to agree to the license agreement.
- Select Proceed to start the scan.
- Run the QBInstall Tool.
- Restart the computer after running the tool.
If the error persists, I'd recommend reaching out to our Technical Support team. A specialist will be able to further help you via a secured remote access session.
Here’s how to contact:
- Go to the Help menu.
- Click Contact Us.
- Under How can we help? type in any keyword about your concern.
- Hit Continue.
- Click Get a call back to contact us.
For additional insights, you may check these articles:
Let me know if you have other questions about fixing program-related errors in QuickBooks. I'm always here to help.