There are a few things we need to check if this is due to data problems. Let me walk you through the steps.
- Run the Rebuild and Verify Data Utility tool to check for data damage and to resolve it.
- Run QuickBooks Repair to repair program error.
Here's how to run the Rebuild and Verify Data Utility:
- Click File, and then Utilities.
- Click Rebuild Data.
- Click OK when you see "Rebuild has completed".
- Click File, then Utilities.
- Click Verify Data.
- If you see "QuickBooks detected no problem with your data", click OK. You may continue using your company file.
Next, open the invoice and check to see if you can turn off the Past Due stamp.
Clicking the Create Copy icon at the top to see the Past Due stamp is working can be an option, too.
Lastly, you can run the QuickBooks Repair Tool if the above steps don't work.
You might also want to check out this article for future reference: QuickBooks File Doctor - Fix your Damaged Company File or Network.
Get back to me if you have additional questions. I'm here to help you some more.