Re: Scheduling Local backup
Thanks for utilizing the scheduled local backup feature of QBDT, @dougelec.
Yes. Running the scheduled local backups may take time depending on the company size. As long as you set up the feature correctly, it should be good to go. QuickBooks will automatically do it for you.
- On the top menu, click File.
- Select Save Copy or Back Up. The Save Copy or Backup window opens.
- Select Backup Copy and click Next.
- Set up your backup defaults (such as where you want to save your local backup) and then click Next.
- Select Change Location or Use this Location.
- Click Next.
- Click Save it now and schedule future backups or Only schedule future backups, and then click Next.
- Select the Save backup copy automatically when I close my company file every [number] times box.
- Enter a number in the field provided, and then click Finish.
You can refer to this article for additional insights: How do I set up automatic backups, scheduled backups, and backup reminders?
In case QuickBooks isn't responding or making the backup file on the set time and date, you can try running the Verify and Rebuild Data tool. It helps self-identify the cause of the issue and apply the necessary countermeasures to resolve the error.
That should get you going today, @dougelec. Keep me posted on how it went or if you have follow-up questions. I'm always here to offer assistance.