converting from Sage
I am converting from SAGE and ALL of my invoices are showing as open, and there is a dummy customer showing with a negative balance. How do I correct this issue?
Re: converting from Sage
Welcome to the Community, @conversion-.
I'm here to help share some clarifications about converting invoices from Sage into QuickBooks Desktop.
In situations like this, you'll need to make sure that the payments are linked properly to your invoices. Once verified that payments were detached from the invoice, you may reapply it by following these steps:
- Open the invoice that the payment should not have been applied to.
- Go to the Reports tab and click Transaction History.
- On the Transaction history window, select the payment and click Go To.
- On the Customer Payment window, remove the check-mark from the invoice that the payment should not have been applied to.
- Put a check mark on the invoice(s) that the payment should be applied to.
- Select Save & New.
- This will apply the payment to the invoice(s) you selected and remove it from the original invoice it was applied to.
For complete details about this process, you may check out this article: Resolve common issues when applying a payment towards an invoice.
Also, here are some great references that you can visit about data conversion and accounts receivable workflow in QuickBooks Desktop.
- Converting from Sage 50 using the Conversion Tool.
- Accounts Receivable workflows in QuickBooks Desktop.
If you need further assistance in performing the procedure, feel free to reach out to our Customer Care Team. They have advanced tools that can walk you through the steps.
Please know that I'm just a reply away should you have any follow up questions with this concern. I'd be happy to help. Take care!