Re: Inventory asset on financial statements
Good day, CD1958.
Let's try some basic troubleshooting steps to figure out why your Balance Sheet doesn't match the register.
It could be that the company's fiscal year is different than the calendar year. This means that both the report and register may not match because the Balance Sheet is run on a calendar year. You can resolve this issue by doing the following:
Option 1: Change the date of the report to match your fiscal year.
- Open the Balance Sheet report.
- Select Customize.
- Choose the appropriate Report period.
- Click on Run report.
Option 2: Change your fiscal year to match the calendar year.
- Click on the Gear icon and then Account and Settings.
- From the left menu, select Advanced.
- In the Accounting section, click on the pencil icon.
- From First month of income tax year drop-down, choose January.
- Choose Save and Done.
Then, try running the Balance Sheet report and compare the amount with your register.
As a reference, you can also check out this article: FAQs: Basic troubleshooting for Balance Sheet.
Please let me know how it goes by leaving a comment below. I'll be here to keep helping. Take care.